This file will show you the configuration item status (in production, out of service, terminated and under construction) for the month report. Moreover, it will allow you to know:
- If devices with the “under construction” status are in over limit or not to be phased “in production” based on your company’s policy
- If devices with the “in production” status are in overdue or not to be “reviewed” based on your company’s policy
Also it will provide other information like if it is a new CI or not, how many CI are updated and more. By 1 click, the report will be created automatically and by 1 another single click, it will upload the report into your cloud except for this below that should be done manually:
- The new data extracting from your configuration management system tool
This product contains 1 excel file with macros and formulas. The file has 8 sheets:
- Monthly status
- Monthly Review
- Monthly UC (under construction)
The macros will execute those following actions:
- 1. Prepare the data for the new month report
- 2. Open the new data excel file to extract the information
- 3. Update all tables and charts
- 4. Upload in the cloud
The formulas will allow determining if:
- CI is created during the report month (new or not)
- CI has been updated during the report month
- CI has been completed during the report month for the review
- CI review is overdue or not and how many days
- CI under construction is over limit or not and how many days
NOTE: in order to give an example of 12 months data, I filled up until December but the sample provided for the testing purpose is based on July so to make the testing, you will need to change the start/end month date manually because the macro will put the current month.
- For example, you are testing on March 2050, please change those data as shown in the “result” sheet if not, the macro will show March 2050.
Microsoft Excel minimum version for Windows 7 to open the excel macro file.
Basic knowledge of VBA coding macro. You may need to edit the macro to adapt this tool to your need. Comments are available in the macro to help but you will need a minimum basic knowledge of VBA coding macro.
The tool is zipped so you will need to unzip it with the Microsoft Zip tool installed by default in your Microsoft Windows, read how to zip and unzip files in the Microsoft support website.
If the macro option is turned off in your Microsoft Excel program, you have to turn it on, read enable or disable macros in Office files in the Microsoft support website.
To edit the macro, read Create, run, edit, or delete a macro in the Microsoft support website
A 7 days free support to adapt this tool that includes only:
- Updating the range and cells
- Updating the link of the intranet issue webpage
- Updating the sheet names
- Updating only names of the code/macro/functions/vba
It doesn’t include:
- Modifying the code/macro/functions/vba
- Creating new code/macro/functions/vba
- Other minor and major changes of the code/macro/functions/vba/file
- All issues with your Microsoft Excel program and any other programs
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com to improve this tool based on your need:
- I will provide you a quote and the delivery time based on the information.
- I will start to work only after accepting the quote and paying 50% via paypal.
- Once finished, I will send you the tool after paying the remaining 50% via paypal.
- Once started, any modifications can modify the price, if so:
- New quote will be provided
- After acceptance, I will start to work again
- A 30 days free support